Mr. Kevin (VAPA Teacher) - email@example.com
Phone: (530) 672-3095
eFax: (530) 558-3942
Mr. Kevin here. I hope you have had a great summer. I am excited to announce this year's Fall afternoon play is Peter Pan Goes Wrong. That's right, The Cast of Hawks is putting on J.M. Berrie's Classic play Peter Pan... but with a twist. The play is not so much about Peter Pan, but rather an accident prone run of Peter Pan that leaves cast members scrambling to recover from multiple mishaps. It is a great twist on the Peter Pan franchise and sure to make the audience laugh.
This is an audition play which means your student must audition to be considered for this production. Ages K - 8 are welcome to audition this time around. There are 12 parts, two of which are non-speaking roles. Below is important information that your student should know before auditioning.
Audition and Callback Information:
Auditions will be held August 16th, the first Thursday of the school year, from 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm. In order to audition your student must fill out an audition packet (below), and sign up on the audition time slots using this ParentSquare link: https://www.parentsquare.com/feeds/908023. Students must fill out the packet with their parents and have them sign it where indicated on the second page. Callbacks will be held Friday, August 17th, from 3:15 pm - 4:45 pm. Please note that if your student is cast in the show they will not be able to participate in any Fall sports, as these sports conflict with our production schedules. This includes: Cross Country, Flag Football, Girls Volleyball, and Boys Basketball.
Rehearsal and Schedule Information:
Rehearsals will begin the first full week of school, August 20th, from 3:00 pm - 4:45 pm, Monday - Thursday. The show will be performed December 6th, 7th, and 8th. For those who think this is a tough rehearsal schedule, don't worry. During the first half of the rehearsal process, certain students are called certain days depending on what role they get. If your student is a lead, chances are they will be there most of the days. On the flip side, if you have a student who is K - 3rd, I will only be calling them one or two days max until we get close to the performances.
Peter Pan Goes Wrong Script
Peter Pan Goes Wrong Audition Packet
If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in contact with me.
See you on the stage,
Important Drama Dates
- 8/16 Peter Pan Goes Wrong Auditions 3:15 pm – 5:00 pm
- 8/17: Peter Pan Goes Wrong Callbacks 3:15 pm – 4:45 pm
- 8/20: Peter Pan Goes Wrong rehearsals begin.
- 9/3: First week of 4th-8th Short Film Morning Stage
- 9/4: First week of 2nd -3rd Short Film Morning Stage
- 9/7: K/1 Drama Mornings Session one.
- 9/28: K/1 Drama Mornings Come Play With Me.
- 10/10 Final week of 4th – 8th Short Film Morning Stage.
- 10/11 Final week of 2nd – 3rd Short Film Morning Stage.
- 10/19: Short Film Viewing Party: 3:35 pm
- 10/19: k/1 Drama Mornings Session 2 begins.
- 10/22: 4th-8th Moring Stage Session 2 begins.
- 10/23: 2nd – 3rd Morning Stage session 2 begins.
- 10/26: The 26th Annual Costume Dance
- 11/9: Come Play With Me session 2
- 11/28 – 12/5 Peter Pan Goes Wrong Tech Week
- 12/6 – 12/8: Peter Pan Goes Wrong Run.
- 12/10-12/11: Art Night Tech Rehearsals
- 12/12: Art Night. 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- 1/9: Spring Show Auditions
- 1/11: Spring Show Call Backs
- 1/14: Spring Show rehearsals begin.
- 1/21: 4th-8th Morning Stage Session 3 begins.
- 1/21: 2nd – 3rd: Morning Stage Session 3 begins.
- 1/25 K/1 Drama Mornings Session 3 begins
- 2/15: Come Play With Me Session 3.
- 2/25: Final week of 4th-8th Morning Stage Session 3
- 2/26: Final week of 2nd – 3rd Morning stage Session 3
- 3/11: 4th -8th Morning Stage Session 4 begins.
- 3/12: 2nd- 3rd Morning Stage Session 4 begins.
- 3/15: k/1 Moring Drama Session 4 begins.
- 4/5: k/1 Come play with me.
- 4/28 -5/1: Spring Show Tech Rehearsals.
- 5/2 – 5/4: Spring Show Run.
- 5/6: Drama Night Tech Rehearsals
- 5/7: Drama Night.